James Fernie is a passionate social entrepreneur and founding Director of the responsible tourism initiative and unique model of traveling philanthropy Uthando (Love) South Africa, established by James in 2007.
James has a deep sense of social justice, compassion, and a strong intuition regarding the urgency of profound and dramatic change in the paradigm of our human society. Besides activism, James enjoys the simple things in life; gardening, hiking, sports, going to the beach, reading, and traveling. James is a devout nature lover and feels deeply that redemption for humanity lies in urgent reconnection with Mother Earth.
What do you love most about Africa? The spirit of finding beauty in unexpected places.
Where are you heading in 2021? What adventures await you? Continuing the journey of spreading kindness, joy and love in the world.
What is your favourite thing about your role in Africa Travel Week? Meeting old friends and making new friends.
Based on your 5 senses, what are you looking forward to most during the Connect in the City Live in September?
- Like to see: Industry colleagues
- Like to taste: Many delicious drinks over good conversation
- Like to feel: Like we are paving the way for a new way of responsible and caring travel
- Like to hear: The stories of resilience and tenacity from industry colleagues
- Like to smell: The aromas and fragrances of food of the Cape