Meet Martin Hiller, Head of Content for Travel, Tourism & Creative Industries at Reed Exhibitions. He oversees the content programme for Africa Travel Week’s safari of events and is responsible for the look and feel of all.
What do you love most about Africa?
Her people. Africa is truly a melting pot of cultures and experiences. Throughout my travels, I have met many friendly people who are only too happy to welcome you to their country and share their stories.
Where are you heading to in 2021? What adventures await you?
As soon as I can, I would love to go to Turkey. In the meantime, I have been discovering hidden gems in and around Johannesburg. There are so many great things to do in the City of Gold.
What are you looking forward to the most regarding Africa Travel Week: Virtual 2021 from 7 to 9 April 2021?
Being able to connect with buyers, speakers and exhibitors. The travel and tourism industry is like one big family and it will great to see everyone again, even though it’s online.
Based on your 5 senses what are you looking forward during Africa Travel Week: Connect in the City Live from 1 to 3 September 2021?
- I’m looking forward to seeing: The travel and tourism industry coming together in person.
- I’m looking forward to tasting: The delicious culinary fare from GOLD Restaurant where the Africa and Tourism Travel Awards.
- I’m looking forward to feeling: Sense of accomplishment when we close the 2021 edition, knowing we were able to provide a platform for the industry to do business.
- I’m looking to hearing: Thought-provoking discussions that will take place during the Travel & Tourism Conference.
- I’m looking forward to smelling: The various flowers in The Vineyard‘s gardens. Our Hosted Buyers will be staying there.