What do you love most about Africa? It’s resourcefulness. The vibrancy of the land space. Everyone I’ve met/spoken to has been so helpful and determined to make the best of promoting themselves to the World.
Where are you heading in 2021? What adventures await you? Domestic travel only due to Covid, but the UK has much to offer. I am visiting Dorset in June and The Peak District in September, 2 beautiful areas of the UK. Dorset has a wonderful coastline, including Durdle Door – a natural limestone arch on the Jurassic Coast a World Heritage Site. The Peak District has Dovedale, which is a valley renowned as a beauty spot, although it is actually around 2-3 miles long! I shall be cycling and walking during both holidays.
What is the favourite thing about your role in Africa Travel Week? Working as part of an awesome team. The diversity of selling travel & hospitality technology one minute and international sales another! WTM Africa is a great product with so much to offer its audience. I am planning great things for our 2022 event.
Based on your 5 senses, what are you looking forward to most during the Connect in the City Live in September?
- Like to see: A live event! Seeing people’s faces (well probably only their eyes due to masks!)
- Like to taste: The great cuisine of South Africa, I’ve been recommended many restaurants.
- Like to feel: The energy we will be creating as we put people in contact with others, so business can get done.
- Like to hear: The sound of a Live event, people meeting, excitement rising, connecting people.
- Like to smell: As a vegetarian, hopefully the smell of a scrumptious vegetarian meal!