AfriCamps Boutique Glamping has created 11 beautiful boutique tented camps in South Africa, and each is totally unique.
Reconnect with nature and each other when staying in AfriCamps’ fully equipped self-catering glamping tents across South Africa – from the Cape Winelands to Greater Kruger. Unique outdoor activities and experiences await on the most beautiful working farms, estates and reserves.
AfriCamps’ boutique glamping camps are dotted around some of the most beautiful working farms, estates, and reserves in the country. Stay in stylish, fully equipped, self-catering canvas tents suitable for families, small groups or couples while enjoying life’s small comforts like an indoor fireplace, extra length beds, air-conditioning, and even electric blankets. Each location takes guests back to nature, away from their daily hustle and bustle and provides authentic, behind-the-scenes farm activities allowing guests to reconnect with nature and each other, and to experience the essence of the location.
Whether you’re a foodie, longing for beautiful mountain hikes, or looking to treat the kids – you’ll find an AfriCamps that’s perfect for you.
- AFRICAMPS AT DOOLHOF, WELLINGTON The Cape Winelands’ first-ever glamping camp can be found beneath the historic Bainskloof Pass set within the award-winning Doolhof Wine Estate. Six tents are surrounded by beautiful vineyards, the peaceful Kromme River and the majestic Groenberg Mountains. Soak up the views from the outdoor wood-fired hot tub next to your tent or explore the farm’s vineyard hike, river walk, MTB trails and wine tasting room.
- AFRICAMPS AT STANFORD HILLS, STANFORD (Hermanus) Located on one of Stanford’s leading wine and protea flower farms where glamping meets a hearty food experience. Stanford Hills Wine Estate’s restaurant has a new lunch menu daily and a tasting room for the wine lovers. Take walks (with your dog) on the farm among the abundantly growing proteas or explore the beautiful coastline of Hermanus.
- AFRICAMPS AT PAT BUSCH, ROBERTSON Here you are surrounded by 2000ha of mountain fynbos, streams and farm dams. The most romantic destination if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Explore the longest wine route in the world – the Route 62, spot 100+ different bird species and wander off on several hiking and mountain biking trails.
- AFRICAMPS AT KAM’BATI, SWELLENDAM The perfect destination for families with young children. Here you will find water slides, a putt-putt course, and loads of fun on the river. The kids love jumping into the river from a rope swing and biking through the camp for hours. Take out a canoe and row up and down the Breede River spotting birds or fishing.
- AFRICAMPS KLEIN KAROO, OUDTSHOORN This location takes you to the heart of the Cape Klein Karoo where guests will enjoy the peace, quiet and uniqueness of the area. Named after the Khoisan word ‘Land of thirst’, it is a dry and arid area, but this brings a unique beauty popular among travellers. Take a scenic Karoo drive, a working ostrich farm tour and relax by spotting game or star-gazing from your own deck.
- AFRICAMPS AT OAKHURST, WILDERNESS (HOEKWIL) Experience a working dairy farm where cows are milked and calves fed daily, explore the farm on horseback or by mountain bike, hike to the farm’s own waterfall, try a spot of fishing or take out the canoe on one of the farm dams. Located in the heart of the Garden Route, AfriCamps at Oakhurst is close to all of Wilderness’ adventures and stunning beaches.
- AFRICAMPS AT INGWE, PLETTENBERG BAY Located in The Crags, AfriCamps at Ingwe shows off with beautiful foresty views over rolling green hills. Here you can enjoy the views from a private outdoor wood-fired hot tub, take walks in the forest, view the fallow deer, impala and dairy cows and enjoy the numerous adventures of the Garden Route.
- AFRICAMPS AT GOWAN VALLEY, THE MIDLANDS AfriCamps at Gowan Valley is located in the heart of the Midlands Meander. Five tents overlook the grassy green hills this area is known for. A stroll around the farm among Nguni cows takes you to the mighty Mpofana river where you can enjoy fishing and swimming. Visit the popular nearby craft shops, restaurants, waterfalls and mountains, or just relax in your outdoor wood-fired hot tub. The midlands’ relaxed atmosphere and welcoming hospitality is something to experience.
- AFRICAMPS AT WHITE ELEPHANT SAFARIS, PONGOLA GAME RESERVE AfriCamps at White Elephant Safaris is located in the thriving Pongola Game Reserve on the shore of the 15000-hectare Lake Jozini. Spot 4 of the Big 5 on a land or water-based safari, and soak up the African sunset from your outdoor wood-fired hot tub with the Lebombo mountains in the backround. This camp provides an insightful look at conservation of Elephant and Black Rhino.
- AFRICAMPS AT MACKERS, HAZYVIEW An amazing glamping location from where to go on safari in the Kruger National Park, Sabi Sands Game Reserve or explore the Panorama Route. Visit Mpumalanga’s highlights from AfriCamps at Mackers in Hazyview, where your tent faces the tranquil Sabie River.
- AFRICAMPS AT HOEDSPRUIT AfriCamps at Hoedspruit comprises of 11 tents beautifully dotted around a magnificent dam popular for catch-and-release fishing of Carp, Bass, Bream, and Barbel. The camp has a lovely pool area for the whole family to enjoy on sunny days. Each tent has a private outdoor wood-fired hot tub that overlooks the dam and can also be used as a splash pool. Drives through the Panorama Route and Kruger National Park are essential during your stay.
Visit www.africamps.com to book your glamping adventure.