Baobab Ridge lies within the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve offering guests an up-market, clean, comfortable and affordable wilderness experience. Here guests can have an authentic and memorable bush experience.
This small and intimate private lodge with only seven private suites (sleeps maximum 16 guests), gives guests a feeling of serenity, far away from the masses. The lodge can also be booked exclusively, giving guests the ultimate private luxury safari.
THE KRUGER EXPERIENCE
As a part of the greater Kruger National Park, the Klaserie has no fences into the Kruger and can offer guests the Kruger experience in open game viewers. The Klaserie Private Nature Reserve, as well as its neighbour the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, are known for good game viewing.
A HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Family owned and run, this lodge gives guests a place they can call a home away from home in a private and very comfortable bush lodge setting. Situated within easy reach of the suites, the main lodge is equipped with a bar and lounge area, small TV room with satellite television and DVD, free Wi-Fi, outdoor terraces, guest bathrooms, a large dining room and an office.
Outdoors there is a comfortable open-air boma area with a fireplace. The swimming pool overlooks the surrounding bush and a small waterhole. The lodge is accessible to wheelchairs and is fully fenced from larger wildlife to ensure your safely.
Guests have full use of the indoor and outdoor living areas and all facilities within the lodge.
- GAME DRIVES Game Drives at Baobab Ridge are in open Land Rovers with qualified senior guides who are passionate about wildlife and are in contact with the other vehicles on game drives, greatly increasing your chances of finding the wildlife that you want to see. The vehicles may also leave the road to follow animals into the bush and thus provide opportunities to witness behaviour and interactions you might not see otherwise. Being in a Big 5 area, you may get to see lion, leopard, wild dog, elephant, buffalo and many more in Your ranger will share expert knowledge and information about each species and their behaviour. Birding is quite spectacular, especially during spring and summer when the migrants breed.
- NIGHT DRIVES Night drives are also exceptionally good opportunities to spot game not usually seen during the day. Afternoon game drives end in the dark, thus giving guests the opportunity to experience a night drive as well! Don’t miss the chance to spot lion and other nocturnal species who are at their most energetic at night. See how the guides find the smallest of creatures from Chameleons to the elusive Leopard. A spotlight on our open safari vehicle ensures great views and animal encounters in the dark. On the afternoon drive, you will make a stop for sundowners, to watch the sunset before heading out again. Game-drives after dark or at dawn are often a real highlight, you can see endless stars and you’re also likely to encounter a whole range of nocturnal species: leopard, porcupine, hyena and countless owl species.
- GUIDED BUSH WALKS Walking in the bush gives you the opportunity to experience Africa from the ground, in the safe hands of our professional guide. The small details that are overlooked on game drives, become more apparent from the slower pace of being on foot. The amazing engineering skills involved in the creation of a termite mound, for instance. Bird calls, tracks, insects, plants, geology, the thrilling sight of spotting big game at eye level; everything takes on more significance and you gain a much deeper understanding of your environment. It can also be fun playing detective to try and work out which creature might have made the tracks in the sand, try guess the types of animal dung and if you’re really brave engaging in the local sport of impala dung spitting! Note: Walks are not included in the overall prices.
- SUNDOWNERS & BUSH DRINKS Your afternoon game drive not only includes spectacular wildlife sightings, but also a sundowner stop in the middle of the African bush. Stretch your legs a little, witness a beautiful sunset and enjoy a Sundowner Drink with snacks. You can enjoy a Sundowner drink (which you select before heading out on your drive), have a chat with other safari guests from all over the world, take some photos, all while watching the sun setting, slowly turning the sky and clouds into a beautiful red colour. After your Sundowner stop, your evening drive continues.
- FIRESIDE BOMA MEALS If the weather is good, guests can enjoy dinner outside in our unique boma, under brilliant starlit skies. The boma has a large fire in the middle which our guests sit around, enjoying our traditional South African dinners. The best part is that you might hear the roar of lion, elephant trumpeting or cackling hyena, while you are sipping an exquisite glass of our South African wine.
For more information: www.baobabridge.com