What do you love most about Africa?
I could write a whole book but what is paramount and foremost is that Africa is my homeland and without it I would cease to exist.
Where are you heading in 2021? What adventures await you?
I’d rather not say but it’s definitely one of our country’s most beautiful cities AND AT 28 YEARS OF AGE, I’LL FINALLY MAKE MY WAY THERE FOR THE FIRST TIME – IT’S GOING TO BE EPIC!!!
What is your favourite thing about your role in Africa Travel Week?
Most definitely being “The Middle Man”…
Based on your 5 senses, what are you looking forward to most during the Connect in the City Live in September?
• I’m looking forward to seeing: Table Mountain AKA ‘Hoerikwaggo’ – fell in love with that Mesa in Geography class back in Grade 10. Every time I fly into the Mother City and see ‘her’, feels like the first time.
• I’m looking forward to tasting: I got a thing for the Biltong from the V&A Food Market.
• I’m looking forward to feeling: I guess feeling our industry physically coming back to life somewhat.
• I’m looking to hearing: Industry networking conversations.
• I’m looking forward to smelling: I call it the ‘Cape Agulhas’ sea breeze, a blend of the warm-water Agulhas current of the Indian Ocean converging with the cold water Benguela current of the Atlantic Ocean.