An Experienced Tourism Executive with a demonstrated history of working within the hospitality industry. Martina Barth has a passion for sales and executes her expertise on the Liz McGrath team as well as IGLTA (International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association).
What do you love most about Africa?
The thing that I love most about Africa are the people. There is a special flame burning inside every African that can be seen and felt a mile away.
Where are you heading in 2021? What adventures await you?
The first half of the year has been spent staying local which is not all bad, I am so lucky that I live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world, so exploring local has been fun. However, I do have fingers and toes crossed that the travel plans that I have for international trips later in the year will be able to happen. I have trips planned to the USA for September and October and then Europe for late Nov, early December to attend ILTM in Cannes. I am really looking forward to connecting with our international travel partners in person.
What is the favourite thing about your role in Africa Travel Week?
It has been an amazing experience to take part in curating content for Equal Africa. This is such an import new component of Africa Travel Week and adds another layer of depth to an already exciting show. On the luxury hotel supplier side, it will always be the special connections you make with new buyers while continuing to nature existing relationships with key travel partners.
Based on your 5 senses, what are you looking forward to most during the Connect in the City Live in September?
- Like to see: I can’t wait to physically see and meet some of our most important travel partners, nothing beats that physical connection.
- Like to taste: I look forward to sharing special moments with our hosted buyers at our signature restaurant Greenhouse. Our executive chef, Farrel Hirsh has created a special African Modern tasting menu for this.
- Like to feel: I can’t wait to feel the love and excitement that we all have as the collective tourism industry. There is nothing quite like the buzz when we all get together. It is going to be epic, goosebumps stuff.
- Like to hear: I look forward to hearing from our travel partners how they feel travel has changed and what new tourism trends are shaping our new tomorrow.
- Like to smell: I look forward to the smells of Spring in Cape Town, there is nothing quite like it, I wish that I could bottle it.