World Travel Market Africa is pleased to announce the six finalists in the new ‘Reigniting Africa’ award category in the WTM Africa Travel & Tourism Awards. The final winner will be announced on 27 September.
“The judges were highly impressed by the quality of the submissions received for this new and exciting award category. The submissions were a true testimony of the passion, dedication and resilience of our incredible industry,” says Megan Oberholzer, Portfolio Director: Travel, Tourism and Creative Industries at Reed Exhibitions.
The six finalists are (in alphabetic order):
- #NatureStaycation by Cape Nature
- andBeyond connect by andBeyond
- Educate, Engage and Encourage Travel by Marine Dynamics
- The Art of Penguin Conservation by Afrioceans / Shark Warrior Adventures
- The Africa Hub by The Africa Hub
- Uthando means LOVE by Uthando
The judges’ panel included:
- Septi M. Bukula – Founder and Director: Seeza Tourism SME Network and Acting Chair: Tourism Growth & Transformation Committee | TBCSA
- Naledi Khabo – CEO: Africa Tourism Association
- Clare Dewhirst – Founder and Director: City Nation Place
- Dionne Mudie – MD: The Publicity Workshop
- Gabriella Ribeiro – Owner: TRUmarketing
“The six finalists all made meaningful contributions to address the impacts of COVID-19. They delivered incredibly impactful, story-driven COVID-19 campaigns and creative narratives that really brought Africa to life,” concludes Oberholzer.