Lisa Schmidt shares over 23 years of experience in the industry spanning over a number of roles using her experience and insights to build and foster relationships. With a healthy appetite for data and trends, adapting to meet the ever-increasing changes is her constant driver.
Lisa’s motto is “to not only sell the product, but the destination. Despite the challenges we have faced and will face in the future, it is the beauty of the people, culture, and landscape – blended together, that’s what makes South Africa, and I love South Africa”
What do you love most about Africa?
There is far too much to mention, but the one that stands out the most would be exploring the vast expanses of bush and mountains that we have right here on our doorstep, in a pair of trail shoes and with a hydration pack.
Where are you heading in 2021?
What adventures await you?
I have set a few personal trail running goals that will hopefully come to fruition.
What is the favourite thing about your role in Africa Travel Week?
Working together with new partners to strategically promote travel to South Africa.
Based on your 5 senses, what are you looking forward to most during the Connect in the City Live in September?
- Like to see: face to face meetings!
- Like to taste: barista brewed coffee! This has been missed in the last year working from home.
- Like to feel: The excitement and positivity generated by being physically present and engaged.
- Like to hear: The sound of group laughter.
- Like to smell: The spring blooms in “The Vineyard Gardens”!